Monday 5 September 2011

19 days to go!

Getting VERY excited now! Under 3 weeks until I get back to Uni and I can't wait!

Reading
I managed to locate reading lists for the modules I'll be starting this term. Making a start on reading any of the books on the list that I already own as well as anything that might prove useful. Right now I'm reading The Histories by Herodotus (which has it's good points, but some of it is SO tedious!) and The Ancient Greeks for Dummies by Stephen Batchelor because it never hurts to go back to basics and see if there are any gaps in your knowledge!

Packing
I've not actually started packing yet, but I am planning it! Trying to decide which guitar to take this year - last year I took my 12-string acoustic, but I'm considering taking one of my electric guitars this year instead. Decisions! I need to wash all of my bedding as well. I've got a double bed at Mother's house and a single bed at uni, so I can't use my uni bedding at home! I think it was clean when I packed it all up, but it's been packed up all summer, so it'll probably benefit from being freshened up a little!

Social life
One of the other reasons I'm looking forward to going back is all the going-out things to do! Where my Mother lives is pretty remote, so nights out are usually hard work! In Nottingham, most things I want to do are within walking distance - or a short bus ride at the most! Looking forward to having a few interesting nights out!

People
Of course it's going to be good to see the people I met last year again (apart from The American, who has gone home to America... It won't be the same without her!) but also looking forward to meeting new people. Lots of new people in halls and maybe some new people on my course too. It's going to be interesting to see who's around!

Modules
I think I've posted about this before - but I'm really looking forward to some of the modules I'm doing this year! Last year was mostly general Greek and Roman history, but this year I get to focus a lot more on the things I'm really interested in! Very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment